Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Update on the poet mess

Yesterday I got an email from Poetic Voices saying that they heard doing the BabyHole Vs. Poetic Voices was basically walking into a fist fight and they were concerned that people were going to beat them up.

First of all, they acted like such jerks before that people did want to beat them up. I told them that. But I was also getting a little stressed out about everything going on in the show. Then I found out, that whoever said that to them said it as a joke. Also, I think they confuse metaphors with reality.

Like my boyfriend said, if you dip your finger into the faggy batter, you get it all over your hand. And that's what happened to me yesterday.

I know this is like, the biggest show they've ever done, and that they've been talking about it nonstop for months and practicing in their mirrors and having workshops for it. I got mixed up in their stupid baby world and it's not going to happen again. I let myself down by giving credence to their immaturity and stupidity.

I'm sorry Melissa. It won't happen again. And if I have to deal with anymore of this mess, this will be the last show I do with them. Duh.

When I talk about the poets being jerks, I DO NOT INCLUDE Saint Patrick. He's featured at my shows like, 10 times, he's lots of fun to hang out with, and he's one of the best story tellers I know. He's actually our only real competition at the show.

On a happier note, who would like to see BabyHole at Grace Van Vorst Church over the summer doing fund raisers instead of going on hiatus?

No comments: