Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Last Night's BabyHole

Last night was yet another great big tiny BabyHole. I wish I had pictures but, as you know, last year in Toronto a ghost broke my camera and I have yet to send it in. As soon as I get $10, I'll fix it.

The featured band was the band formerly known as Savu Sea. They were really good. I've never been good at describing music, but I believe they had guitars and drums and fancy sounds. They were really good and I swayed a little, which is as far as I can dance.

Emily Epstein was the featured comedian. I introduced her as the love child of Bob Hope and Mary K. Letourneau. I didn't know what that meant at the time and I still don't. She was really funny. The best thing I like about her is that she doesn't have that typical weirdo-comedian attitude that makes me hate dealing with comedians. What a breath of fresh air. Also, her boyfriend has a glass eye.

Only two people signed up for the open mic, but the show was packed. A bunch of people brought in cases of beer because BYO is ok. That was fine. But the donations were scarce. Next time, if you bring beer, at least tip the bartender for opening it. And remember that the suggested donation is $5 for attending. I made $8 after I paid out train fare. I was expecting $15.

At least I can do laundry today. If you saw what I was wearing last night, you'd understand. Thanks, ghost.

No comments: