Sunday, February 22, 2009

So what's the deal with your Ghost Tour, Melissa?

I love going on Ghost Tours and sometimes plan my vacations around them. Sometimes my traveling companions are jerks and don't let me go because they think it'll be stupid, but I always enjoy them. My favorites were in Chicago and Key West. My least favorite was Beaufort, North Carolina, because they tricked us. While telling a story in the cemetery, they blew an air horn to scare us. What a dirty trick!

Since Jersey City doesn't have a ghost tour, I'm developing one for it. I've done a lot of research at the library. I've read every Weird NJ, newspaper clipping, NJ ghost book, and contacted some NJ Paranormal Societies as well as JC Landmarks Conservancy. I've looked at every unsubstantiated website too, which was very tedious and frustrating.

Though there's lots of horror stories in Jersey City, there's very little information on ghosts. However, I've pretty much mapped out the locations I'll include, and I'll start doing in-depth research. I plan on doing this by researching the particular sites, including the families or inmates or deaths and building histories and conducting interviews with people who work or live there. I already have some old maps.

But I need your help. Do you have any personal experiences with ghosts in Jersey City? Have you seen, heard or felt something in Jersey City? Please let me know. Can I interview you? We won't have to let your name out if you don't want to.

I plan on conducting the first tour in March or April, when the weather gets nice enough.

Thank you,
Melissa Surach

No comments: