Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I AM SARAH PALIN

I was right. Last night's BabyHole WAS the funniest all year. Jerk Practice, the first sketch troupe we ever had, was amazing. My favorite character of the night was the pervy rook in the chess sketch.

And then there was the always-amazing Jessica Delfino, who wore the best outfit I've seen in a long, long time (except for my Sarah Palin outfit, of course).

She wore patent-leather low cut laced heeled shoes, red and white striped knee socks, lace stockings, a pleated plaid miniskirt, a tie dye hoodie and bright red lipstick. I wish there were pictures. She played an electric ukelele and debuted her new song, "I got a Yacht," which is a dance song. She also did some old favorites, like "Don't Rape Me," which is my favorite song ever.

I hosted the show as Sarah Palin. Apparently, I did a good accent. I was worried that I didn't have enough material for it, but then I realized that neither does she. Everyone agreed that my outfit was very Palin (except for the stains, holes and being found rather than purchased), and some said I should wear it every day. Well I intend to. Temp agencies, here I come!

If Sarah Palin dressed like I normally do, barefoot in a dirty T shirt and jeans, would she have won the VP nomination? I don't think so. I've learned something from her. A sense of style. Thanks, Sarah!

I think I might bring Sarah to Art House on Thursday, but I ALSO want to stay at home and watch the debates dressed like her. I don't know what to do!

No comments: